Behavioural Intervention Program
Are you a parent of a child who has recently been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder? Having your child receive this diagnosis can be difficult and overwhelming. You might feel lost and alone or feel like you do not know where to turn to get help. You don’t need to do this on your own. We know what you’re going through and we are here to help.
We provide individualized, full-service programs that can take place in your home, your child’s daycare/preschool or any other setting that is best for your child and family. You can use the funding available to you from the government to help pay for our services. We believe family is key and work with you every step of the way.
The first step is a free, no obligation consultation. Later, we will develop an individualized behavioural plan of intervention based on the specific strengths and needs of your child and family. We are committed to supporting your child and family. We demonstrate this commitment by:
- Involving your family in every step of the way – from goal setting to plan creation and implementation to our hands-on work with your child
- Communicating regularly with your family – in-person, via email and over the telephone
- Assembling a team of highly skilled professionals to work with your child and family consistently during the week – so you know that your child is receiving the highest standard of care
- Providing ongoing training and support for your family and team – so we are always up-to-date with the latest research and best practice
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating your child’s program – to ensure progress and results
We provide a full service team consisting of Behavioural Consultants and Behavioural Interventionists.
The Family Centred Practices Group consulting team will provide the following services:
- Develop an ABA-based intervention program (including document reviews from previous assessments and reports, parent participation in goal setting and program prioritization, initial assessments, program development and creation of individualized behavioural plan of intervention);
- Monitor and evaluate the ABA-based intervention program (including on-going assessments, data-based decision making, program progression, new programming, and acquisition rate);
- Ongoing training and support for behavioural interventionists specific to your child’s individualized program;
- Monthly team meetings supervised by a member of the consulting team (attended by family member(s), member of consulting team and behavioural interventionist(s));
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of behavioural interventionists working with your child (including video reviews and/or overlap sessions);
- Observations of your child in home and community settings (including day care/preschool/school) as necessary;
- Liaison and consultation with professionals involved with your child (including speech and occupational therapists) as necessary;
- Monthly consultation by the behavioural consultant with their clinical supervisor
- Electronic mail and telephone consultations with parents, behavioural interventionists and other professionals involved with your child.
For families looking for support with a particular behavioural issue, wanting services provided remotely via Telehealth, or needing support for their child in school, please consider one of the service options linked below:
Disclaimer: Photos are either of former clients or have never been clients of Family Centred Practices Group and used with permission of the parents and/or legal guardian.